Good news. We are opening on 8th June.
You may have heard the good news this past Thursday on BBC news that dental practices are now able to open up from the 8th June. This brings great excitement to me, as it means that we can go back to some sort of normality. However, it is imperative that we get the opening phase just right, introducing the treatments in a measured approach starting with people who have more urgent needs.
You will be pleased to know that I have been working hard during the lockdown phase to ensure that the environment in which you are treated in is safe for you. We do treat a number of older patients and also medically compromised patients and so I wanted to ensure that the procedures that are put into place are robust enough to help us all. Whilst many things have changed, one thing will remain the same, our complete commitment to your safety. Many of you are already aware that we like our cross infection protocols to be as robust as possible. Therefore, we are very proud to let you know that we always strive to work to a much higher standard than the guidance presented within the dental industry, whether it is with our clinical work or with our cross infection measures. I have not really discussed what happens behind the scene at St Peters Studio Dental Clinic before, but you will hear a much different conversation going forwards and we would be pleased to discuss all of measures put in place for the safety of all our patients and staff, all of whom have become like family to me.
We have completed the renovation of our third surgery. This enables us to have a rest period between the clinical appointments as we have a spare surgery to work with. We have also been reassured in the last few weeks that being outside is not as risky as being inside and so we will be working with windows open where appropriate. We have now got ventilation systems and extra-oral suction units so that potentially contaminated air can be forced out of the treatment rooms. Each surgery will also have air purification units.
We will work together as a whole community to keep you safe. We know that what we do outside the surgery is just as important as what we do when we get to work. So the St Peters Studio Dental Clinic family will be sensible in our time away from work. All of our staff have completed many hours of training on how we are going to work with these new challenges in place.
Your patients journey will now include the following:
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice.
- We no longer offer magazines and beverages since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients in our clinic. It is easy to try and make sure only one person is in the waiting room at a time so we will endeavour to work to that plan.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone
- Social distancing, where possible must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
- Payment should be made by card where possible
- If you show symptoms following the appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone
- Please do not arrive early to the practice
- Please do not arrive without an appointment
- Patients should come wearing a mask if possible
I am pleased to say that a number these measures have already been in place for four weeks before lockdown. But the measures going forward will be far more comprehensive in securing a safe environment for us all. If you have any further questions or concerns, please telephone us on 01234 261881 or reply to this email.
Myself and the team are excited to see you soon.
Dr. Hema Mistry